Ranger's Hex On Devils Continues

Friday, March 28, 2008

I was at the game last night at the Garden and yet again, the Rangers put the boot to the Devils, 3-2. Nigel Dawes, who was flattened by a Devil defenseman, slid on his back toward Marty Brodeur. During this turn of events, the puck had rebounded off of Brodeur into Dawes then went into the net giving the Rangers the 3-2 that they would not relinquish.

Some may call this goal lucky - and it would be a reasonable debate. However, if you're the Devils you now stand 0-7-0 against your arch-rivals. You can argue all that you want, but if I'm a New Jersey Devil's player or fan, I don't want to see the Rangers again - including the playoffs. The Rangers have the Devil's number, at least for this season, anyway you look at it.

It was a great night for me on a personal level. I met up with Steve "Sarge" Vickers and his wife JoAnne (I haven't seen her in 20+ years). I also met up with Emile Francis, his wife, Rod Gilbert, and of course Ron Greschner (I will make a post in the future about my case for his number being retired at MSG). As usual, a good time was had by all.

That's all I got for you all this time around. Check back later in the week for a new entry as well as in the immediate future for some New York Ranger updates. The stretch run is upon us!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP